Ocean Topo IAN 1
1. Ocean basin-the ocean itself, the hole that is filled with saltwater.
2. continental shelf-the edge of the continent where it enters the ocean, is part of the continent and is shallow water.
3. continental slope-drops down much deeper into the ocean, can be as deep as 2,000 meters.
4. submarine canyon-steep V-shaped canyon found in the continental shelf and continental slope. Can be as deep as 2,000 meters.
5. abyssal plain-the flat ocean floor!, the flattest place on Earth.
6. seamount-an extinct volcano found on the ocean floor.
7. guyot-a flat-topped seamount flattened by wave action